The Royal Manx Agricultural Society plans to hold the event and looks forward to welcoming visitors to the 2021 Royal Manx Agricultural Show. This Policy acts to principally to guide of the protocols which may be in place during the event or in worst case scenario the cancellation.
The organisers (RMAS) will review any national guidelines and restrictions closer to and during the event, depending if there are any in places and the level of such restriction a range of procedures might be implemented to ensure the safety of all council members, volunteers, exhibitors and visitors to the Show.
At the time of the event should there be a lockdown or restrictions on public gatherings in place we will have no other option than to cancel the show.
If there are lower levels of restrictions in place, we may be able to continue to run the event, if this is the case it is vitally important that everyone plays their part in making it safe and enjoyable and we need your continued support and cooperation to achieve this.
Council members, volunteers and visitors are therefore kindly reminded of the requirement to adhere to this Code of Conduct and follow all safety requirements to help protect you and others.
- You must not travel to or attend the Royal Manx Agricultural Show if you or any of your household are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms including loss or change in sense of smell or taste, a temperature, or a new persistent cough.
- You must also not travel to or attend The Royal Manx Agricultural Show if you have been told to isolate. For more information on the symptoms of COVID-19 and where to get support with getting a test please visit https://www.gov.im/covid19.
- If you develop symptoms during your visit, we ask that you, and those you travelled with, return home immediately and request a test.
Likely control measures if continuing under reduced restrictions
• Social distancing and safety measures may be in operation in line with the current guidance. Follow all information and direction signage, and obey any instructions or guidance given by staff and stewards, or over the PA system. This will help you get to where you need to be in the safest and most effective way.
• It may be our policy that visitors must wear a face covering when entering and inside all enclosed buildings/marquees including the Main Ring Grandstand. Face masks may only be removed when you are sat in your seat or eating and drinking. We recommend face coverings are worn in outside areas were maintaining 2 metres social distancing may not be possible at all times and where there are large numbers of people present. 2
• Cash payments may not be accepted at the entrances, catering outlets and other trade stands. Entry to the show may be by advance ticket only.
• You must observe social distancing rules and avoid close contact with others not inside your bubble. Our stewards and security teams will be helping to keep you safe by reminding people to keep a safe distance. If you have any concerns about areas of crowding, please inform one of our stewards
• Come prepared for changing weather. To keep everyone safe we have reduced the number of inside areas in operation so please check the weather forecast and bring a suitable raincoat or umbrella so you can continue to enjoy the show in all weathers.
• Some of the Showground’s amenities, such as toilets, food, and drink outlets, may not be in operation or may be operating at reduced capacity. If the area you wish to visit is out of operation, or too busy, alternative options will be available.
• When using toilet facilities, please follow all guidance including wearing face coverings, be patient and considerate towards other users, and wait your turn to avoid toilet areas becoming crowded.
• Always maintain good hand hygiene whilst at the Show – use the sanitiser dispensers provided always before eating and after touching animals, and avoid touching your face or handles and fences whenever possible. If there are issues with sanitiser points or hand washing facilities, please inform a member of stewarding staff.
• If you are in the Main Ring Grandstand and need to move, wait until walkways are clear, avoid face to face contact and follow stewards’ instructions and direction signage. Remember to wear a face covering when social distancing cannot be maintained.
• Please remember to maintain safe social distances to other visitors not in your bubble and be respectful and mindful to those around you whose individual circumstances may differ from your own.
• Please be patient when leaving the Showground and listen to the advice from stewards. It may take longer than normal to leave due to the procedures in place to allow visitors to exit safely and efficiently.
• If you are attending the Show with other members of your social or support bubble, please make sure they have read and understand these guidelines.
• The Society reserves the right to exclude any visitor that fails to comply with this Code of Conduct.